Our goal and expectation is to create one of the best public access courses anywhere, with 18 exciting, memorable, varied, challenging but playable holes that provide all the thrills and frustrations of our great game to golfers of all skill levels.
We hope this is the kind of place that not only is the pride of the community, but attracts serious golfers from far and wide. The course plays in loops of 3, 6 and 9 holes returning to the clubhouse, creating maximum flexibility for shorter evening sessions.
In addition to the golf facilities, the plan for the site will include an attractive but modestly scaled clubhouse with an emphasis on outdoor space and ideal sightlines to view the golf course.
There also will be a golf shop, grill room, and basic locker
facilities, plus some special amenities for more significant donors. The food & beverage operation will be simple and high quality with excellent service. The goal will be not only to satisfy hungry and thirsty golfers, but also become a community hub in the area by attracting
a wide variety of local residents to support the facility.
We view and will treat The Park as something to be of, and owned, by the community. It will be an asset to be proud of and enjoyed by golfers and non-golfers alike. In that way, we hope and expect to leave the immediate neighborhood, the city, and indeed
the entire county better than we found it.
The completed golf facilities will include:
- Gil Hanse-designed, 18-hole course with tees ranging from 4,700 yards to over 7,200 yards; par 71.
- Gil Hanse-designed, 9-hole short course, similar to his acclaimed "Cradle" course at Pinehurst, with holes ranging from 60 to 110 yards.
- Full short game area and two putting greens, one being a putting course for use by the broader community.
- 380-yard, two-sided practice range.
- World class club and putter fitting.
- World class instruction for beginners to elite golfers of all ages, gender and color.